Trustee Volunteering Opportunity
The role of our trustees is to ensure that Nottingham Central Women’s Aid:
- complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- pursues its objects as defined in its governing document (e.g. the promotion of any charitable purpose for the benefit of the community in the district of Nottingham)
- are accountable and maintain proper financial control and use resources charitably
- set and maintain vision, mission and values
- develop and implement strategies, policies and regularly meet targets
- work to support the operational management of the organisation
- safeguard and promote the good name and values of Nottingham Central Women’s Aid
- maintain effective board performance and efficient administration of the charity including funding, insurance and premises
In addition to the statutory duties, each trustee can use their specific skills, knowledge and experience to help the board reach sound decisions. These may involve scrutinising decisions, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives and any other issues as they arise.
What are we looking for?
- Women only need apply – Genuine Occupational Requirement (Schedule 9; Equality Act 2010). The post is exempt under section7 (2) (f) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- Women aged 18 and over from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
- Experience working in the Domestic Violence field would be an advantage.
For further information and an application pack please call 0115 9607943 or email firstname.lastname@example.org