Nottingham Central Women’s Aid is an independent charity, therefore, we rely on the goodwill of individuals, companies and grant-making trusts and funds to be able to offer the consistently high levels of support to women and children accessing our services.
As we are a small charity we do not hold large amounts of reserves, so every penny counts.
You can help by donating regularly or as a one-off is the only way we can keep our services running by doing this through Local Giving its quick and easy and they will also process any gift aid.
Other ways you can get involved:
- Can you raise funds for us? Contact us to discuss any ideas for fundraising you have.
- Are you aware of a fund we could apply for?
- Can you volunteer or become a Trustee? We have lots of roles you could help with. Contact us for more information.
If you are a company looking to partner with us, then also take a look at our Corporate Supporters Page.
How we spend your donations
All money received is used for the running of the refuge and to help support the women and children who seek refuge due to fleeing the violence and abuse they have been subjected to.
Our services include:
- Emergency accommodation
- Emotional support,
- Delivery of the Freedom programme
- Emergency funding
- Help with maximising income, accessing education and making links with other external agencies.
- Resettlement support
- Assisting and supporting women with complex needs e.g. women living with addiction issues
For more information on each of these services, see our services page.
Look at what your support can do!
We have accommodated countless women and children over the years supporting families to rebuild their lives
free from fear.
Read some of the women’s stories to find out how they and their children have gone on to thrive.