Freedom Programme for 2022!
Nottingham Central Women’s Aid is pleased to be able to offer a programme of free group sessions Funded by the Big Lottery.
To book a place starting in April and September 2022, you can email Support@centralwomensaid.org or download the Freedom Programme referral form here and send it over to us.
0115 9607 943
Or fill in our contact us form . Just leaving your name and contact details and someone will get back in touch with you,
Who is the course for?
- Women who are currently in or who have fled an abusive relationship
- Or any Woman who is interested in attending!
What does the programme cover?
The freedom programme is a 12 week course to help women who are experiencing or have escaped domestic violence to understand the abuse that they have been subjected to and the tactics that the dominator uses to abuse. We run the course on a rolling basis to make it as easy as possible for women to access the programme.
- The Freedom Programme examines the attitudes and beliefs of abusers.
- The aim is to help women to make sense of and understand what has happened, instead of the whole experience just feeling like a horrible mess.
- The Freedom Programme describes in detail how children are affected by being exposed to abuse and very importantly how their lives are improved when the abuse is removed. The effects on children session can be emotionally challenging for the women, so it will be run with lots of chocolate and support.
All women attending will be given a copy of the course book “living with the dominator” and the home study book to work through at their own pace.
Every week we look at different tactics that the dominator may use to control us. These tactics include Bullying, persuading, lying, sexual control and being a bad father.
We encourage open discussion with no judgemental comments.
Here are a few things the women have said about the programme:
“I understand a lot more and I don’t blame myself”
“I have learnt about the tactics the dominator uses to get you to stay with him or come back”
“I have learnt how my ex-partner uses his body language and facial expressions to intimidate me to get what he wants”
Attending the sessions
- The sessions are held in Nottingham during term time
- Our programmes usually start in January, April and September.
- The sessions are weekly and run for 11-12 weeks.
- We may be able to provide a crèche for children.
- All women are welcome to the programme.
- We provide a supportive and non-judgemental environment.
How can I book onto the programme?
For more information and to book a place, you can email Support@centralwomensaid.org or download the Freedom Programme referral form here and send it over to us.
0115 9607 943
Or fill in our contact us form.
History of the Freedom Programme
The Freedom Programme was created by Pat Craven and evolved from her work with perpetrators of domestic violence. For more information, or to buy the home study course books, see the Freedom Programme website.