- We provide emergency accommodation to women and children fleeing domestic abuse.
- We can help with clothing and food and ensure you have the essential items on arrival here
- We can help with maximising income through claiming benefits or paid work, counselling support, accessing education and making links with other external agencies.
- We may be able to provide emergency funding and have links with food and clothing banks.
- We can help with finding permanent housing to move on to.
- We can assist and support women with complex needs e.g. women living with addiction issues
- There are regular visits from a mental health nurse.
- We have links with health services
- We run workshops on a wide variety of topics, such as self care, budgeting, cooking and CV writing dependent on the needs of women and children at any time.
- Dedicated support workers for women and children
- Interpreter services for those who are non-English speaking
- Resettlement Support
- The Freedom Programme
If you are a professional who works with victims or survivors of domestic abuse and need to make a referral to us then contact us here. If you are interested in receiving professional training around the freedom programme or domestic abuse then please email us at Support@centralwomensaid.org
If you have any concerns about the support we have provided then please get in touch or the Customer Complaints Policy and procedure can be found to download here along with our Customer Care leaflet.
Other Support Agencies
If you have suffered domestic violence or abuse, there are many different organisations which can help you with information and advice.
Please view a detailed list by visiting the Citizen’s Advice website.