Central Women’s Aid is pleased to be able to offer free domestic abuse intervention and recovery programmes and supportive sessions for women. These include, ‘The Freedom programme’, ‘Own My Life’ and ‘Power of change’ You can book a place by emailing Support@centralwomensaid.org or call us on 0115 9607943.
Just leave your name and contact details and someone will get back in touch with you.
Attending the sessions
- All women are welcome just get in touch.
- The environment is supportive and non-judgemental with lots of support and laughter.
- We will examine the attitudes and beliefs of abusers.
- We will explore abusive relationships and understand what has happened, instead of the whole experience just feeling like a horrible mess.
- Discuss how children are affected by being exposed to abuse and importantly how their lives are improved when the abuser is removed.
- Sessions are often emotionally challenging, so are run with lots of chocolate and support.
- You will be given a copy of the book “living with the dominator” and the home study book to work through at your own pace.
“I understand a lot more and I don’t blame myself”
“Learning about the tactics the dominator uses to get you to stay with him or come back”
“How my ex-partner uses his body language and facial expressions to intimidate me to get what he wants”