- We provide emergency accommodation to women and children fleeing domestic abuse.
- We can help with clothing and food and ensure you have the essential items on arrival here
- We can help with maximising income through claiming benefits or paid work, counselling support, accessing education and making links with other external agencies.
- We may be able to provide emergency funding and have links with food and clothing banks.
- We can help with finding permanent housing to move on to.
- We can assist and support women with complex needs e.g. women living with addiction issues
- There are regular visits from a mental health nurse.
- We have links with health services
- We run workshops on a wide variety of topics, such as self care, budgeting, cooking and CV writing dependent on the needs of women and children at any time.
- Dedicated support workers for women and children
- Interpreter services for those who are non-English speaking
- Resettlement Support
- The Freedom Programme
If you are a professional who works with victims or survivors of domestic abuse and need to make a referral to us then contact us here. If you are interested in receiving professional training around the freedom programme or domestic abuse then please email us at Support@centralwomensaid.org
Other Support Agencies
If you have suffered domestic violence or abuse, there are many different organisations which can help you with information and advice.
Please view a detailed list by visiting the Citizen’s Advice website.